Sunday, February 4, 2024

Week 3: Prompet Response

 Hi Y'all 

I know it's late but I wanted to post my prompt response anyway. I chose the response that I think I would get a lot of. AND one I hadn't read the answer to on the Class Room Blog. 


6. I love books that get turned into movies, especially literary ones. Can you recommend some? Nothing too old, maybe just those from the last 5 years or so. 

While this response seems easy, I think there are some tricks to it like saying you want books that were turned into literary movies. Another trick is the age restriction! When I think of books that were turned into movies, most of them are over 5 years old! Harry Potter and Hunger Games are the first ones that come to mind and they are all older than 5 years! Plus, they're not very literary (more entraining.)

One tool that I definitely use is Google. What can I say? I'm a child of my generation. 

A movie that pops up is Little Women (2019) which just hits the mark for the age restriction and whose book is considered a classic! I've watched the movie and feel completely comfortable recommending it! I can see why it's considered a must-see by so many people. 

If I didn't see or want to use Google I would go to my next go-to, Goodreads! 

Under Browse, there is a list option. This has lists that pertain to almost any topic, including Books to Movies! If I wanted to simplify the process, I could go to the search opposite (top right side of the page), since it is a general search option, I would only put "Books to Movies" and it will bring up the lists offered. One list is "The MOVIE was Better than the Book!" Going through that I can find options that I can check on such as Emma (2020) and I can now also recommend The Color Purple (2023)! 

Something that requires a follow-up question: Would a TV series based on a book or series work as well? The trend in recent years is to make books into TV series such as Virgin River and The First Wives Club. 

Plus the final follow-up question: Which is better? The Movie or the Book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 Prompt: Marketing your library's fiction collection

 Hi y'all,  All these marketing techniques not only promote collections and patron participation but also showcase the library's res...