Saturday, January 20, 2024

Reading Profile

 Hey Y'all!


I love reading books that transport me, whether that is fantasy, romance, adventure, or historical fiction. I love books with sarcastic banter between characters and complex world builders. If I can't see the ending coming, even better! For the most part, my mood dictates what I read! Not only genre but troupe as well so I skip around from cozy romance, complex world-building fantasy, to cheesy sarcastic love interests. But when it comes down to it, fantasy is queen. Long May She Rein. 

Speaking of queens, Sarah J Maas is my favorite author. I have read almost ever single one of her books, Catwoman being the only the only hold out, since I'm currently reading House of Shadow and Flame (getting copies early is definitely a perk of working at a library)! I also love Nora Roberts, Ali Hazelwood, Rebecca Yarros, Rebecca Ross, K.M Shea (Indie author I would recommend). 

Just a fun fact, dragons will always get me to read a book. Dragons are awesome, and my favorite mythical creature. Polar Bears being my favorite actual creature. 

On my Goodreads, I have 80 books as my goal to read, but I mainly do that for my popular/physicals books. I read a lot of Kindle books, mostly because Its so convenient and I can curl up in bed to read.  I also have a tag for another class I'm taking, Materials for Youth, under s571-booklist, if you are interested to see what I'm reading for that class. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/93041209-sydney-stephenson 

Top 5 ALL Time Favorite Series 

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (love the series, dislike the author)

A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas (Queen. Please bow accordingly)

Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (just finished by fourth reread of the series, don't judge me)

A Discovery of Witches series by Deborah Harkness (it depresses me that I haven't been able to watch the TV Series)

The Bride Quartet series by Nora Robert (Swoon. Romance, sisterhood, witty banter.)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sydney! We seem to have pretty similar reading preferences! Romance and fantasy are my go to genres and I love Sarah J Maas too! A couple months ago my husband bought me the hard cover box set of Throne of Glass so now I am dying to do a re-read of it. I'm not entirely sure when I will find the time but I'm hoping that it will happen soon!

    I also love Rebecca Yarros. Her book The Last Letter is AMAZING and I recommend it to everyone! I cried like a baby the first time I read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sydney! Nice to see you here since I never get to see you at work! I recently finished Divine Rivals and liked it, despite the lack of dragons! It had the feel of historical fiction even though it was not, so that appealed to me. Where should I start if I want to read one Sarah J Maas book and not a whole series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have similar reading tastes! I just started Iron Flame; it's living up to the hype! Great reading profile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sydney!

    I also love SJM! I have not yet completed all of her books, but I have enjoyed them thus far. I have read the first two ACOTAR books, but took a break to read the TOG series. I am currently making my way through the Empire of Storms/Tower of Dawn tandem read and thoroughly enjoying it! I own all three series, so I plan to read more once I am done with school. I have not yet read A Discovery of Witches, but have heard so many great things about it. Based on your favorites, I am curious to know if you have read the Outlander series?

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 Prompt: Marketing your library's fiction collection

 Hi y'all,  All these marketing techniques not only promote collections and patron participation but also showcase the library's res...